Thursday, November 3, 2011

First Day Step Into UPM

Just receive a message from my dad telling me my mum will undergo colons-copy this afternoon. Pray for her. May God protect her and heal her. Amen!

My class this morning cause me sleepy. Lecturer tu ganti lecturer yang previous one because he was very busy. Aishhh.... Sabar jak la aku ngau kemengantukan nya. But I will try my best, do anything that I want to prevent me from the sleepiness. Before this he wants to change the place because he wants us to watch movie. Cakap2 punya cakap finally the best part is NO AMALI for this evening. Yea!!! Big Yea here.

Back to the topic.
Like what I said before, I will share my story from my first day at UPM till today. I came to West Malaysia on 5/9/2011. Why did I come that early? Of course, shopping. My mum and dad came along with me. My brother came on that night. We were staying at ermm... what hotel ar.. Forgot. But somewhere at Bintang Plaza there.

7/9/2011 is the registration day. I keep on messaging my KML friends who got UPM too asking how's the registration, how's the room, how's the room mate etc etc. We were leaving the hotel at 1pm something. Reach UPM around 2pm. My brother and my mum accompanied me looking for my college, KTDI-Kolej Tun Dr Ismail also known as Kolej 3. My dad was staying at the tent at padang kawad taking care of my bags. I saw a lot of people. The facilitator asked me to check my room no and go to this and that. I saw my name and check who's my room mate. Durie Pancras sem 3? First impression, Oh Thank God. I know she's from Sarawak or Sabah. Second impression, ermm... How does she look like etc etc.I didn't bring my drinking water. I'm thirsty and I think I'm dehydrated because I feel dizzy but I keep myself strong and pray.

When it comes to fee payment counter, saya nampak budak sorang ni. Dia tak susun dia punya borang ikut urutan sedangkan dia dah nampak macam mana penjaga kounter tu suruh budak depan dia susun semua dokumen tu. Bila sampai turn dia, the same instruction given to that student and that is what we called WASTING TIME. My brother called me telling me that my room is in good condition. Thank God. Not that I want to give a compliment to myself but it is a fact. I arranged my document and when it's my turn, I just give the document, the facilitator check and go. See. Easy and fast. Same things that happened at medical counter. This one even worse. They haven't done their medical check up. Oh my.

3 days after I received the offer from UPM I read all the documents needed and print all the form. My mum always keep on reminding me to do the medical check up secepat yang mungkin. My mum and I went to Sarikei's Hospital untuk buat appointment. My mum was taking care of what food I should and shouldn't take. My dad was on leave to accompany me to do the medical check up. Then I have to come again for taking the result and x-ray. That one, I go alone driving myself. The scariest part is x-ray. Luckily got one Chinese girl also go for x-ray. She was offered from Unisza in food technolgy. Luckily the pegawai also a woman. She asked us to take of our shirt and bra and wear the shirt there. This part tidak best. Everything is done and I'm healthy.

I saw brader Yap at the last counter. First impression dekat Abang Yap.. Hermm.. muka macam chinese Sarawak. Mula-mula saya dengar dia cakap dengan penuh semangat "Welcome to KTDI. bla bla bla bla bla bla" Welcoming punya ayat. Bila turn saya, hahahahha... Abang Yap cuma cakap "Welcome to KTDI. Nanti tukar pakaian turun dataran melur" saja. Teda tenaga lagi dia.

Then, my family sent me to my room. Herm first impression about my room.. No feeling. Ok la. Tapi dapat second floor. Nda best. Di KML saya dapat first floor. I check everything ok la. Paling tidak best. Apabila kami dikehendaki berkumpul di dataran melur. My family told me to go berkumpul and they were going back. I sat there without knowing who those people sitting beside me. I just bid goodbye to my family over the phone. My brother calling me and said they want to leave. That moment, my tears drop but I didn't cry. I comfort myself and telling myself this "Be strong Debbie. This is what you have to go through. You will meet new friends here. You are adapted already to this kind of situation at KML for one year." Then I sweep away my tears. Bermulalah minggu orientasi kolej. Masuk bilik pun, my tears drop once more. When writing this paragraph also my tears drop.

To be continued.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dunt know what 2 say... sadnes pon ada, happines pon ada, tanggungjawab pon ada... sukar untuk di ungkapkan dgn kata2... anyway, gud Luck in everything.. nice 2 know who are u n 4give aLL mistake that i have to do with U sjak kamu knaL dgn saya.. sbb saya xtaw mna siLap saya.. kmu yg taw dmna.. so, siow again... =) hehehe...

Injan said...

Kenapa ko mau minta maaf sama saya o Jai. Teda pa2 juga yang kamu buat salah.

jai jj said...

xda.. saja minta maaf awal2... kan saya xtaw sa buat kamu sakit hati ke x... :)

Injan said...

Haaa...teda la...